The programme objectives of the Teaching English as a Second Language programme are to equip teaching/training professionals:
- with the knowledge and skills to explain English Language Teaching (ELT) theories at length.
- with the ability to evaluate critically practical application and implications of various approaches and techniques in ELT.
- the ability and skills to apply theoretical knowledge onto research and to their own current practices.
- with the ability to carry out critical analysis of current issues and practices.
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES
- A Bachelor degree with good honours from UTM or other Institution of Higher Learning recognized by the University Senate;
- A Bachelor degree or any other equivalent qualifications; with relevant experience recognized by the University Senate