Master Of Software Engineering
This Software Engineering programme is designed to produce professional and dedicated software engineers who should lead in the development and maintenance of software projects based on International Standards. Our Software Engineering programme also aims to expose the software engineers with local industrial experiences in real software engineering practices and working environment.
This programme is capable to produce students with the following software engineer’s capabilities :
- Incorporate/integrate and generate in-depth software engineering knowledge in professional practices for the benefit of software engineering disciplines.
- Apply existing techniques of research, construct and verify a set of activities to solve/explain software engineering problem.
- Evaluate situations and react and display toward discussion and communication among peers and others.
- Integrate Software Engineering professional ethics in profession, organisation and society.
- Organise and adapt contemporary knowledge independently and manage information effectively.
- Demonstrate or display managerial and enterprising skills.
ABOUT THE COURSE
REQUEST A PROSPECTUS
Empirical Software Engineering, Software Metrics, Secure Software Development, Advanced Software Testing, Technical Software Testing, Technical Test Analysis, Test Management
Duration of Study
Mode of Study : Full-time
Minimum Duration : 3 semester
Maximum Duration : 6 semester
Mode of Study : Part-time
Minimum Duration : 4 semester
Maximum Duration : 8 semester
Full-time : RM25,000
Part-time : RM30,000
Full-time : RM13,000
Part-time : RM15,000
Bachelor degree in (computer science, information technology (IT), maths & science based) i.e BSc, B.Eng etc
UTM Undergraduates with CGPA 3.00 or others (accredited by LAN) CGPA 3.00
Prior learning experience with these requirements:
- B.Sc holder in IT related field
- Full-filled pre-requisite subjects (refer to table curriculum structure)
- Relevant working experience (if CGPA less than 3.0)
- Transferred credit (based on UTM transferred credit regulation)
International Student English Requirements
Upon being accepted into the program, all international candidates are required to produce their English Qualification in the form of IELTS (min 6.0) or TOEFL (min 550).
All international students applying to UTM must have a valid two-year old TOEFL or IELTS certificate.
For exempted from the UTM English language requirement, click here.
Software engineers, software project managers, systems analysts, system engineers, software quality engineers, software configuration managers, software architects, software process engineers, software test engineers, software maintainers, academics, researchers, software designers.