- Graduates who are able to contribute to the advancement of science and technology.
- Graduates who are able to think critically, analytically and innovatively in solving problems.
- Graduates who practice good management, leadership and governance.
- Graduates who are able to communicate across a broad spectrum of issues effectively.
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Possess in-depth knowledge and skills in specific discipline with global perspective.
- Ability to apply knowledge through intellectual inquiry and to develop critical solutions in new situations.
- Ability to analyse, and evaluate existing knowledge in order to synthesise scientific findings.
- Ability to disseminate ideas to the wider community in a confident, effective and coherent manner.
- Ability to describe and critically evaluate current aspects of biosciences in order to solve related problems.
- Ability to create and sustain cooperative networking efficiently.
- Ability to perform tasks given ethically and with dedication.
- Possess strong enthusiasm and commitment to continuously acquire and disseminate new knowledge and skills.
- Ability to acquire new knowledge and skills from a variety of sources and apply them to solve related problem.
The programme is offered as full-time and part-time. For full time programme, MSc (Biotechnology) can be completed within three semesters (1½ years). Students are required to register for all six core courses (18 credit hours). Project dissertation has a total credit of 21 hours in which it will be divided into 6 credit hours for semester one (Dissertation 1) followed by another 15 credit hours for semester 4two (Dissertation 2). Course assessment will be conducted via direct (examination, tests, quizzes) and indirect (peer assessment) methods. Generic skills will be adapted during teaching and learning process.
- Bachelor of Science (Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Bioscience, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bioprocess Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Genetics or equivalent) with CPA ≥ 3.0 will be considered for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science with CPA < 3.0 and one year working experience in areas related to Biotechnology.
View also :