Master of Philosophy (Advance Informatics School)
The Master of Philosophy is a programme of independent, supervised research and is assessed solely on the basis of a thesis. This program can be taken in any discipline especially in the area of informatics, for which appropriate supervision is available.
This Master research program is capable of developing students with the following capabilities with the following capabilities :
- Exploring the knowledge and theories suitable for the particular master level research context.
- Identifying and analysing the appropriate level of research problem and producing suitable research proposal.
- Justifying and verifying the proposed research using related fundamental theories.
- Performing the research in a systematic manner.
- Presenting and defending their research.
- Writing and publishing their research work.
ABOUT THE COURSE
REQUEST A PROSPECTUS
Duration of Study
Mode of Study : Full-time
Minimum Duration : 3 semester
Maximum Duration : 6 semester
Mode of Study : Part-time
Minimum Duration : 4 semester
Maximum Duration : 8 semester
Full-time : RM18,980
Part-time : RM16,990
Full-time : RM8,225
Part-time : RM7,390
Bachelor degree with honors (CGPA > 3.00) in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any other institutions of higher learning recognized by the UTM Senate; or for those without a good honors degree, candidates must have substantial working experience in the area.
International Student English Requirements
Upon being accepted into the program, all international candidates are required to produce their English Qualification in the form of IELTS (min 6.0) or TOEFL (min 550).
All international students applying to UTM must have a valid two-year old TOEFL or IELTS certificate.
For exempted from the UTM English language requirement, click here.
Master of Philosophy graduates move into a wide range of careers, depending on their areas of research, from the more traditional pathway of research and academic careers to various professional arenas in a wide variety of informatics fields.