The programme is designed for graduates with some working experience who are interested in building a career in business and management irrespective of their previous undergraduate qualifications. It is also aimed for potential students who have recently graduated from their undergraduate studies and are looking for management education related to technology-based issues. The structure of the programme will equip students with knowledge and research skills in management and technology studies. The programme combines a challenging core of management disciplines with the opportunity to pursue areas of personal interest in technological issues or areas through research based studies
There are two components for the programme i.e. Taught Courses (21 credit Hours) and Research Dissertation (21 Credit Hours) as shown in Table 1:
Table 1: Programme Structure
|Core Courses||Elective Courses||Research|
|Corporate Financial Management (3)||Faculty’s elective (3)*||Dissertation**|
|Human Resource Management (3)||University’s elective (3)|
|Marketing Management (3)|
|Operation & Technology Management (3)|
|Organizational Development (3)|
- Number in bracket ( ) refer to credits
- *The faculty has a full discretion in any elective course offering.
- **Total credits for dissertation is 21 credit
The entry requirements of the programme are as follows:
- Bachelor degree with honours from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or from any institutions of higher learning recognized by the University’s Senate.
- International students whose English is not their native language will need to achieve one of the following English qualifications:
a. A minimum overall band score of 6.0 in IELTS test.
b. A minimum score of 550 in the TOEFL
- The above English qualifications are only valid if they are taken within two years before application to the programme is made.
- Students who do not meet the above English requirement are required to attend and pass the English Preparatory Course conducted by the university.