Doctor of Software Engineering (Advance Informatics School)
This programme is designed for candidates who wish to obtain knowledge, skills and expertise in software engineering and will be able to apply them to analyse and solve problems in the industry. The programme will train graduates to produce creative, innovative ideas as well as develop critical thinking to advanced level of knowledge that will benefit the industry and the research community.
At the end of the program students are able to:
- Demonstrate a systematic comprehension and in-depth understanding of software engineering and mastery of skills and research methods related to the field of software engineering.
- Critically analyse, evaluate and synthesis new and complex ideas.
- Generate, design, implement, and adopt the integral part of the research process based on the software engineering theoretical framework.
- Contribute to original research that broadens the boundary of knowledge through an in-depth thesis, which has been presented and defended according to international standards including writing in internationally refereed publications.
- Communicate with peers, scholarly communities and society at large through the preparation, publication and presentation of technical material.
- Promote technological, social and cultural progress in a knowledge-based society in both academic and professional contexts.
- Demonstrate behavior that is consistent with codes of professional ethics, legal requirements and responsibility.
- Manage research project.
ABOUT THE COURSE
REQUEST A PROSPECTUS
Advanced Software Design, Advanced Software Modeling, Real-Time Systems, Advanced Software Testing, Empirical Software Engineering, Software Development Reference Framework, Advanced Software Process Improvement
Duration of Study
Mode of Study : Full-time
Minimum Duration : 3 semester
Maximum Duration : 6 semester
Mode of Study : Part-time
Minimum Duration : 4 semester
Maximum Duration : 8 semester
Full-time : RM44,810
Part-time : –
Full-time : RM25,000
Part-time : RM25,000
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any other institutions of higher learning recognized by the UTM Senate.
International Student English Requirements
Upon being accepted into the program, all international candidates are required to produce their English Qualification in the form of IELTS (min 6.0) or TOEFL (min 550).
All international students applying to UTM must have a valid two-year old TOEFL or IELTS certificate.
For exempted from the UTM English language requirement, click here.
Graduates of the programme would be able to work in advanced areas of Software Engineering such as Software Project Management, Technical Test Analysis and Software Process Engineering that require high research commitment.