A student shall carry out research in any of the areas of research stated in the areas of Biomedical Engineering. Assessment is by semester progress reports and a thesis examinaton (viva voce). All research works are supervised by academic stafs from the Graduate Faculty member. The programme requires a nominal duraton of three to four semester (18 to 24 months).
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Biosignal Processing
- Biomedical Imaging
- Biomechanics and Biomaterials
- Medical Computinh
- Clinical Engineering
- Health Care Management System
- Rehabilitation Engineering
- Sports Science Technology
The main component of the programmes is a research thesis. Student candidates need to prepare a research proposal for approval of the supervisor assigned by the faculty. Each student candidate need to complete a progress report at the end of each semester. At the end of the programme, student candidates need to submit a thesis for the purpose of examination and evaluation. Student candidates also need to pass the oral examination (viva voce).
- Master degree in Degree in Science, Medical Science, Medical, Engineering ( Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Biomedical ) or related disciplines with good honour from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or other institutions of higher education approved by the Senate; or
- A student candidate with lower qualifications will be considered if the candidate is proven to have adequate academic background and appropriate working experience.
3. All international students applying to UTM must have a TOEFL or IELTS score as follows
- TOEFL score of 550 ( 79 IBT or CBT 213 )
- IELTS Band 6
However student with lower score and does not meet the entry requirement can be accepted after attending and passing the Intensive English Course ( IEC ). IEC can be one or two semester depending on the performance of the student.