Doctor of Philosophy (Advanced Informatics School)
This programme offers flexibility for students to conduct independent research under the supervision of an academic with related expertise in the area of informatics. The program is designed to produce professional and dedicated researchers who will be equipped with the knowledge, skills and expertise to face future research challenges of the informatics industry.
This Doctoral research programme is capable to develop students with the following capabilities :
- Exploring the various knowledge and theories suitable for the particular research context.
- Identifying and analysing the research problem critically and creatively and producing well thought research proposal.
- Justifying and verifying the research proposal or solution using various related fundamental theories.
- Performing the research in a systematic/scientific manner.
- Adapting lifelong learning.
- Writing and publishing their research work in both national and international refereed and high impact factor journals.
- Presenting and defending their research work in national and international conferences, and finally during their oral viva.
- Demonstrating practicing ethical code of conduct professionalism.
ABOUT THE COURSE
REQUEST A PROSPECTUS
Duration of Study
Mode of Study : Full-time
Minimum Duration : 6 semester
Maximum Duration : 12 semester
Mode of Study : Part-time
Minimum Duration : 8 semester
Maximum Duration : 16 semester
Full-time : RM37,310
Part-time : RM33,330
Full-time : RM15,860
Part-time : RM14,330
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any other institutions of higher learning recognized by the UTM Senate.
International Student English Requirements
Upon being accepted into the program, all international candidates are required to produce their English Qualification in the form of IELTS (min 6.0) or TOEFL (min 550).
All international students applying to UTM must have a valid two-year old TOEFL or IELTS certificate.
For exempted from the UTM English language requirement, click here.
Graduates are able to work as Researchers, Academics, Solutions Architects, Systems Engineers, Systems Integrators, Systems Analysts, Software Engineers, Systems Managers, Systems Consultants or any job in a wide variety of informatics field.